Fatigue in the workplace is driven by many factors; one of the most serious is sleep apnea. Sleep apnea occurs when a person’s breathing is interrupted during sleep. People with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep, sometimes hundreds of times, resulting in symptoms that include depression, irritability, and memory impairment.
Untreated sleep disorders increase the risk for:
- Driving accidents
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure
When people are sleep deprived, it affects their day-to-day functions in a number of ways and puts your company at unnecessary risk. Success through treatment is success to your bottom line, and we measure that ROI through rapid return to work, medical cost reduction, accident prevention and retention improvement. Proactively addressing sleep apnea will improve your bottom line in terms of:
- Medical expenses
- Costs related to accidents
Your bottom line can benefit from implementing a sleep wellness program if you answer “yes” to any
of the following:
- Are your employees operating heavy machinery or vehicles that could put people or property at risk in the event of an accident?
- Are healthcare costs and/or premiums increasing because of rising incidences in your company?
- Do you have an aging workforce that requires a more proactive focus on health and wellness to maintain longevity and productivity?
- Are product or project delays costly to your bottom line?
- Is the government proposing guidelines for sleep deprivation that could affect your bottom line?
Implementing Cost-Savings Solutions
U.S. HealthWorks, in partnership with REM Medical, a leading occupational sleep
wellness company, has launched an integrated sleep apnea program for your
employees. These customized turn-key solutions for your organization include:
- Program design specification
- Physician evaluations
- Education / outreach
- Screening questionnaires
- Compliance monitoring
- Diagnostic testing
- Outcomes analysis