It’s December, the busiest month of the year. There are more parties, more family activities, more shopping, more eating, more stress — and usually more colds and flu.
To help you enjoy this season, U.S. HealthWorks would like to remind everyone that getting a flu shot is a great idea heading into the holidays.
There are some things you can do to help you and your family stay healthy this holiday season. First, get a flu shot. The best way to prevent getting the flu is to get vaccinated.
In addition to your vaccination, the following tips will help keep you healthy during the flu season:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water. Washing your hands often will help protect you from flu germs.
- Control your stress level. Prolonged stress levels can affect your immune system. To manage your stress, find balance between work, exercise, and personal time.
- Make sure you are rested. Sleep deprivation may slow your ability to stay alert and make you vulnerable to the flu and other viruses.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use a tissue to help prevent passing the germs to those around you.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. You can infect yourself by unknowingly touching something with flu germs and then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid direct contact with people who are sick. You’ll also want to keep your distance from others if you are sick.
Visit www.USHealthWorks.com for more information.
Have a Healthy Holiday Season!
Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net